KETO CLUB PIZZA
If cauliflower crust isn’t your thing, then Keto Club Pizza is a great alternative and you won’t feel disappointed or deprived. When following a ketogenic lifestyle, most people are concerned about what they have to give up. And pizza is one of those things. Fear not… My daughter is gluten free and this is the most requested meal in our house. A regular slice of pizza has 26 grams of carbs per serving compared to on average, 4 grams of carbs per slice with Keto Club Pizza. The higher fat content will fill you quickly and you’ll feel full and satisfied after 2 slices instead of half a pizza. So get creative and have some fun! It’s easy to prepare and something your whole family will enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
This recipe is for a large pizza stone with 10 slices.
Ingredients – Crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 can of tomato paste or tomato sauce – I prefer tomato paste. Just check ingredients to make sure no additional sugar is added.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic chopped or minced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded colby jack blend cheese. Cheddar doesn’t melt as well.
- Choose your toppings – pepperoni, sausage, hamburger, bacon, chicken, spinach, green peppers, mushrooms, olives, onions, basil, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes etc
- Preheat oven to 425
Combine almond flour, salt and Italian Seasoning. Add mozzarella cheese and mix together.
Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir.
- Microwave again on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Time will vary depending on strength of microwave. Remove and stir again. Mixture should meld together and form a ball of dough.
Place on stone and roll out and shape to edges. Alternately you can use a cookie sheet. To roll out place on parchment paper to roll out and then lift parchment paper to place on baking pan.
Use a fork to poke holes on entire crust.
Bake at 400 for 8 minutes until golden brown. Adjust time according to your oven.
- While baking, mix tomato sauce or paste with Italian Seasoning, garlic and salt
Remove crust from oven and spread with tomato sauce mixture around crust with a spatula.
Layer on top with mozzarella cheese and toppings of choice. I start with pepperoni, sausage, onions, peppers, cherry tomatoes and olives. Once toppings are layered I add a bit of mozzarella cheese and colby/jack cheese blend for the ooey gooey effect.
Place in oven for 5-8 minutes at 425.
- Remove from oven let it set and then slice in 3 inch slices. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese if desired.
Calories 225 | Fat 19g | Protein 13g | Carbs 4 – Nutritional value will vary on ingredients used.